WhatsApp is a messaging app available for iPhones and other smartphones. With WhatsApp, you can send text messages and make calls for free, even if your contacts are in other countries. WhatsApp also lets you share photos, videos, and your location with your contacts. You can even record voice messages and create group chats with up to 256 people.
The sad thing is that WhatsApp isn’t available for the iPad (or iPod touch).
Using WhatsApp Web on iPad:
WhatsApp is one of the most popular messaging apps in the world, with over 2 billion monthly active users. The app is available on a range of mobile devices, including Android and iOS smartphones, but there is no official WhatsApp app for iPad. However, there is a way to use WhatsApp on your iPad or iPod touch by using WhatsApp.web. Here’s how:
- To use WhatsApp Web on your iPad, simply go to web.whatsapp.com in Safari. The caution here is that till iOS 12, the iPad doesn’t directly support the WhatsApp Web. If you are using iPadOS 13 or later, then you are good to go- this will automatically load the desktop version of WhatsApp Web for iPads.
- For anyone on iOS 12 or earlier, you will be redirected to the WhatsApp home page. However, don’t worry. All you need to open the WhatsApp web is desktop mode and refresh the site.
- You will now be asked to scan a QR code using your WhatsApp smartphone app in order to link your device to your account. Open WhatsApp on your smartphone and go to Settings > WhatsApp Web/Desktop.
- Point your camera at the QR code displayed on your screen and wait for it to be scanned automatically.
- You should now see all of your WhatsApp conversations appear on your screen. Tap on any conversation to start chatting.
Is Whatsapp for iPad Coming Soon?
For a long time, people have been eagerly anticipating an iPad version of Whatsapp. In August 2021, it was reported that a Whatsapp app for iPad is in the works, with plans to bring the messaging software to iPads (and Android tablets). According to recent reports, WhatsApp for iPad will be released with multi-device support. In May 2021, WABetaInfo tweeted that: “Multi-device 2.0 will let people link an additional mobile phone or tablet (WhatsApp for iPad/Android tablet) to the same WhatsApp account in the future.”
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I use WhatsApp on my iPad?
A: No, there is no official WhatsApp app for the iPad. However, you can use WhatsApp Web to access your messages on an iPad.
Q: Will there be a WhatsApp app for the iPad?
A: There is no official word from WhatsApp about whether or not an app for the iPad is in development. However, recent reports suggest that such an app may be released in the future with multi-device support.
Q: Can I make calls using WhatsApp on my iPad?
A: No, you cannot make calls using WhatsApp on your iPad or iPod touch. However, you can send text messages and share photos, videos, and your location with your contacts.
Q: Can I record voice messages using WhatsApp on my iPad?
A: Yes, you can record voice messages using WhatsApp Web on your iPad or iPod touch. Simply tap and hold the mic button in a conversation to start recording. Release the button to send your message.
This is great news for those who have been waiting for an official WhatsApp app for their iPad! The bad news is that you will need to keep your WhatsApp smartphone app open and connected to the internet in order for this method to work—but it’s definitely worth it if you want to be able to use WhatsApp on your iPad or!